Tuesday 8 April 2014

A bumpy ride

Here is a story I wrote about the plane trip
A bumpy ride

               

                My breath leaves me as I gasp at the sight before me. I’m looking straight down from the window of a large international plane. Down below the clouds have parted, giving me an open view of the magnificent city of Perth, with its evening lights and welcoming glow.

                “What a flight “ I said exhilarated by the 7 hour trip. The plane bumped then shuddered as it bounced wildly on to the run way, making what was supposed to be a gentle landing. Some expert pilot he is, I thought sarcastically as the speeding plane skidded to a halt at the end of the run way.

                “All passengers may exit the aeroplane”  came the sweet voice of the flight attendant’s voice over the PA system. I hauled my heavy carry-on bag over my shoulder and waited patiently for my family to get organised. Though that patience wavered as we waited to get out of the plane. After another twenty minutes we finally weaved our way out of the busy plane and into the shoot leading to the airport.

                Next stop south Africa!  

No comments:

Post a Comment