Friday 25 April 2014

6th of April


On Sunday we were very lucky because it was my father’s birthday. To celebrate this day we went out for breakfast and went on a special family outing exploring the coast of Cape Town. First we stopped off at Muizenberg and went on some terrific water slides and then went for a walk along the beach. Our next stop was Fish Hook bay where we swum off the rocks and got lunch. After that we went on a scenic drive through Chapman’s Peak. On the other side we stopped at Harp Bay and got ourselves an Ice cream. Here is a story I wrote about our trip to Fish Hook.     

 

Tour of Cape Town’s Coast

“Here I go” I cried as I took a running leap of the end of the slippery rock. Splash!! I hit the water with an almighty crash.

             Almost immediately the salty water plunged down my throat leaving the bitter taste of salt and stinging my open eyes. The water was surprisingly warm and refreshed my sweaty body. I had desperately needed a swim after all it was 31 degrees and my last swim had been an hour ago.

            “This is lovely” I sighed, paddling away from the rocks so Dad, Tessa and Lydia could jump in. Soon we were all splashing and playing about while the small waves plummeted to shore. This is the life, I thought as we dove under the waves and bobbed out the other side like corks.

            Sadly it was soon time to go, though it took me awhile to tear myself from the ocean. What a swim!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment